Under the direction of the Project Management Office, the Scrum Master will work closely with the Product Owner(s) and Scrum teams to oversee sprint activities across the organization's technology and digital initiatives. Facilitates and enforces the practices of Agile development, including facilitating scrum ceremonies, ensuring backlog is structured and managed, and enforcing correct use of tools, processes, and cadence. Implements processes related to story elaboration, effort estimation, and sprint planning.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that scrum teams are adhering and adopting scrum delivery methodology.
- Oversees sprint schedules to identify technical or resource constraints including review of effort estimations to identify potential risks and proactively measure.
- Works closely with product owners, key stakeholders, and the scrum teams to ensure that the solutions identified in the digital roadmap are delivered.
- Ensures backlog structures and tools provide sufficient guidance to product owners on refining stories that are well defined, written, and estimated.
- Coaches teams on agile concepts, such as backlog grooming, daily standups, retrospectives, sprint planning, and hypothesis validation.
- Leads sprint planning sessions to develop a prioritized backlog, overseeing and reporting out on resource constraints, driving collaboration within the scrum team, and ensuring alignment with the product owners to their product vision.
- Partners with the Agile Coach and EPMO leadership to develop key metrics for managing sprints to show successes and failures, burndown charts, as well as trending and tracking models.
- Encourages self-organization by facilitating the appropriate delegation of tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
- Bachelors' Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Education, Computer Science, or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of experience contributing in an agile/scrum environment including experience delivering digital/mobile solutions with a direct CX impact and at least three years in a Scrum Master role.
- Certified Scrum Master or other agile certification.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to facilitate scrum meetings to drive the stated objectives
- Extensive understanding of all agile/scrum team roles role at various degrees of complexity
- Ability to ensure product vision and roadmap is translated into scrum team deliverables
- Ability to effectively navigate an organization to remove impediments to the scrum team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and solutions in an organized and compelling manner
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Certified Scrum Master/CSM designation
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Project Management Professional/PMP
- Financial services experience with extensive knowledge of banking, operational and support functions