Position: Scrum Master
Location: Suitland MD
What you will do as a Scrum Master:
- Act as liaison and point of contact between team and other stakeholders.
- Provide reporting on team activities as required (development burndown, team velocity, etc.)
- Work with business/product owners to groom the team backlog of work.
- Monitor team workflow and removes obstacles as needed.
- May coordinate release management planning and execution.
- Coordinate team Product Iteration planning activities.
- Manage the process for creating and managing task cards (Jira issues).
- Create and manage sprint ceremony meetings (sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, demos, etc.).
- Ensures compliance with quality control processes.
- Monitors performance of team processes and initiates process improvements as required.
- Cultivates and supports a culture of learning and teaching.
- Assists in evaluating team performance during project progress.
- Provides input in hiring decisions and performance evaluations.
Does this sound like you?
- Five years previous experience in Agile software development environments with one year working in the Scrum Master role preferred.
- Excellent servant leadership skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills to resolve problems.
- Must have good time management and organizational skills.