$150K — $200K *
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
Job Location: For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in Canada or the United States.
The Ceridian Tax and Payments Product Development team is looking for an experienced Scrum Master to work with an agile development team in order for the team to create industry's next generation of Tax and Financial products and services solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Senior Scrum Master is responsible for coaching, engaging and facilitating an agile development team. Working with the team to continually maintain or improve existing processes to maximize productivity of the Scrum Team. The Senior Scrum Master will work and collaborate with fellow scrum masters, developers, architects, test analysts, product managers and stakeholders throughout the agile process to ensure transparency of the agile process and ensure agile fundamentals and processes are followed by the team. The Senior Scrum Master will coach the team to understand agile principles/ moderate scrum events and remove impediments from the team, and will keep leadership informed on team status and work with the team to look for ways to optimize agile practices.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a challenging and rewarding role.
As a Senior Scrum Master you will:
• Coach/mentor an agile development team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
• Work with the team to remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
• Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution at an expert level
• Create internal communication on project status with leadership and improving transparency
• Coach and educate the Product Owner, with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
• Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Excellent knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent facilitation – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
• Assertive – Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
• Situationally Aware – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
• Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy
• Continual improvement – Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
• Excellent conflict resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
• Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
• Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
• Understand fundamentals of iterative development
• Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
• Understand fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
• Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
• Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
• Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
• 10+ years of Industry experience
• Agile Scrum Master certification
• Good understanding of TFS or other tracking tools
• Ability to organize and facilitate backlog grooming, sprint and release planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, demos, and other related meetings
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least five years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
• Excellent knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
Valid through: 3/6/2021