Scrum Masters typically have a hands-on role in managing the implementation of Scrum/Agile methodologies within software development and engineering teams. They improve the Scrum intensity of these teams and coach them to higher levels of maturity at a sustainable pace by ensuring that they adhere to Scrum theory, practices, and rules.
- Well-versed on Agile/Scrum practices & values and guides others on how to use Agile/Scrum practices.
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies (daily standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.).
- Holds regular Sprint reviews. Track and communicate sprint/release progress.
- Keep track of team’s progress and relay information to leadership.
- Work comfortably with remote/virtual teams.
- Identify project risks and provide alternatives for reducing risk, along with communication to the stakeholders.
- Possess the Ability to track and manage agreed scope and changes to scope.
- Ability to work closely with delivery teams to establish expectations and ensure tasks remain on track.
- Address current or future impediments to the team.
- Leads the team on backlog grooming, estimation and all other process driven activities
- Maintain process documentation.
- Work very closely with the Quality Assurance team for various deliverables.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the Agile principles.
- Working with2-3 Product team on Agile transformation.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Project Management, or other technical discipline with 3-6years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- 2+ years of Scrum Master experience.
- Certified Scrum Master certification is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the Agile process.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Possess sense of urgency, ability to multi-task and excellent time management skills.
- Strong computer skills are required. Experience with Agile management tools such as JIRA Confluence, and SharePoint are required.
- Possess the ability to encourage collaboration, be a good facilitator and be willing to learn.