Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Scrum Master position serves as a facilitator and Agile coach for up to two development teams. This position provides leadership helping the Agile teams adhere to the rules of Scrum, apply the practices and principles of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprise) and work within and outside the team to remove impediments. This role is expected to create and foster an environment of transparency and continuous improvement by proactively communicating with the team, management and outside stakeholders.
- Focuses the Agile team on delivering planned value
- Ensures the team(s) achieve their stated objectives by reinforcing SAFe framework and Scrum principles, keeping the team focused on their goals and facilitating all standard ceremonies
- Guides the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Guides the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Guides the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assesses the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaches the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Facilitates getting the work done
- Actively works to address and eliminate impediments beyond the team's authority or items that require support from other teams
- Guides the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Builds an environment of continuous improvement and encourages a healthy intra-team dynamic by facilitating team retrospectives, coaching team on problem solving and conflict resolution, and escalating issues when necessary
- Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Coordinates with other teams (DevOps, System Teams, Shared Services and other Scrum Masters) passing information to others and back to the team as needed
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supports and educates the Product Owner, especially with respect to maintenance and work on the product backlog
- Guides the team through estimating and forecasting
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Four years relevant business/development support, user story creation, writing and estimation
- Working knowledge and previous experience with of Agile and/or SCRUM
- Strong skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling of bugs, etc.)
- Strong collaboration, facilitation and conflict management
- Experience communicating technical information to a non-technical audience
- First Level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) and/or SAFe Practitioner certification
- Four years of Project Management experience preferably in Information Technology
- Extensive Agile and/or Scrum experience; Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) and/or SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification
- Experience in the Scrum Master role with four years for a software development team diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches such as XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Previous experience as a Team Leader
- Excellent communication and mentoring/coaching skills
- SP or CSM certifications
- Working knowledge of SAFe
- Previous experience coaching, training or developing teams