Q2 is seeking a Scrum Master to play a key role in the definition, development, implementation, and ongoing improvement of Agile practices (with an emphasis on Scrum) within the organization. You will facilitate sprint planning, retrospective, and daily activities related to stand-ups and sprint burn down; as well as maintain relevant metrics that help the team see and understand their progress during a sprint. In this role you'll own and resolve identified impediments. You'll help build an environment where continuous deployment/ improvement of the development process is the focus and everyone's common goal is to deliver outstanding software as fast as possible to our customers. As Scrum Master you're responsible for leading the continual Agile transformation and practices as well as promoting accountability and transparency across all levels of the organization.
- Serve as a team member, responsible for facilitating the adoption, implementation and sustainability of Agile processes, principles, and practices.
- Provide hands-on team guidance, support, and coaching in close cooperation and collaboration across all roles and functions, to facilitate increasing maturity at a sustainable pace.
- Assist team members in Agile estimation techniques and principles. Ensure that the team is practicing and engaged in the agile processes.
- Supports product owner by assisting with the backlog refinement, release planning and making them ready for the next sprint.
- Manage scrum processes and maintains project board for the team to track iteration commitments.
- Support Agile team in their development, playbook creation, and in establishing consistent best practices.
- Write detailed user stories and acceptance criteria. Assist team in making appropriate commitments through task definition and story selection.
- Publishes burn down charts to share iteration progress. Track and communicate team velocity and sprint release progress to all teams and stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to.
Education: Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience required
Certification: CSM/CSPO Certification or PMI-ACP preferred
- Minimum 3-year experience in a Scrum Master role.
- Proficient with common Scrum and Agile methodologies, values and procedures, including Kanban.
- Proven ability in building effective partnership with diverse groups in multiple locations/environments.
- Communicative and facilitative - Able to communicate well with all levels of the organization from Scrum team members to executives. Able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team in a collaborative way and influence employees at all levels.
- Assertive - Ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls and manage conflicts.