At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Scrum Master, Project Management to drive the business by delivering results by employing the agile framework. This position will provide Agile/Scrum process leadership to the organization and assist the scrum team to develop into a high performance, self-organizing team. Assignments may include providing coordination between multiple scrum teams and providing cross-team synchronization.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide coaching for both the product owner and the development team, supporting activities such as release planning, estimation, backlog grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Assist the team in defining and adhering to its own process for making sure the work gets done
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Remove road blocks or guide the team to remove road blocks by finding the right personnel to remove the road blocks
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Protect the development team from outside interference
- Acts as a servant to the team, ensuring that team needs are being met
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of relevant experience required.
- 4-7 years or greater of relevant experience involving Agile / Scrum and related methodologies.