At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Scrum Master within PNC's SST organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh PA, Columbus OH, or Strongsville OH.
- Supports and facilitates generally one to two Scrum Teams in various functions by fostering Agile values and practices.
- Ensures team adherence to Agile principles. Provides coaching to the Scrum Team(s) on how to execute the Scrum framework.
- Organizes and facilitates ceremonies, identifies improvement opportunities to optimize velocity and quality while mitigating risk. Tracks and communicates the overall team progress providing visibility to stakeholders.
- Serves as a filter to remove impediments to progress as identified by the team. Protects the team from outside influences to ensure the team remains focused on Scrum Team priorities.
- Partners with the Product Owner to ensure the backlog items are prioritized based on business value and ready for the team.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Agile Development - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize formal agile methodologies, disciplines, practices and techniques for the delivery of new and enhanced applications.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Interpersonal Relationships - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Problem Solving - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Coaching Others - Working Experience
- Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
Group Facilitation - Extensive Experience
- Ability to design and facilitate a group process, elicit contributions from group members, stimulate a focused group discussion, and achieve a desired outcome.
Planning and Organizing - Working Experience
- Mobilizes both time and resources to get things done.
Listening - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of effective listening issues and techniques; ability to gather, clarify, and apply information transmitted verbally, while exhibiting a genuine interest toward the speaker.
Conflict Management - Working Experience
- Understanding of how to anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.