Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Lead agile maturity in PayPal’s Development Experience Platform Organization through acting as a Scrum Master for 1 to 3 teams. Periodically, act as an agile coach for other teams enabling and motivating growth to a high performing team. Develop a deep understanding of PayPal's technology platform to effectively lead Scrum Master excellence in execution. Challenge, coach and guide teams using agile and lean principles. Emphasize code quality, with an emphasis on small, focused user stories. Experiment with and integrate processes and tools that enable continuous improvement. Apply metrics to provide teams and the organization with relevant feedback.
• Nurtures self-organizing, high performing teams through servant leadership and mentoring.
• Facilitates development process; mentors team on Agile/Scrum best practices .
• Current experience with Rally.
• Encourages, supports, & guides continuous improvement of the team, products, & processes.
• Resolves conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation.
• Willing and able to identify problems, impediments, dependencies, and other team dysfunctions, and then facilitate quick resolution.
• Guides PO to ensure Vision/Roadmap transparency, ensure team is aligned to these Goals & Objectives.
• Guides PO in maintaining/grooming Backlog.
• ID/manages internal/external dependencies.
• Provides metrics & status to Sr. management and represents true status of Scrum Team.
• Facilitates Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Stand-Ups, Stakeholder Demos & Team Retrospectives.
• Guides team to make realistic commitments.
1) Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
2) Experience acting as a software development team's Scrum Master
3) Knowledge of Lean, XP, Kanban, DevOps and other Agile development techniques
4) Experience with customer-facing web application development Education Preferred
Familiarity with Agile configuration and administration
Conversant in Lean, XP, Kanban, DevOps, Continuous Deployment and other Agile development techniques
Background in business development, quality assurance or technical development
Other Scrum certifications such as Certified Scrum Product Owner Experience with continuous delivery, DevOps, and release management BA/BS or higher Level III - Advanced: 6-8 years
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.