U.S. Bank is hiring a Scrum Master to support a Retail Payments Solutions Team within our DIY Portfolio. The Scrum Master will act as a servant leader as part of an Agile team to deliver high value software solutions that contribute to the success of our technology initiatives in an agile environment. Working independently and also collaboratively, a Scrum Master will keep teams focused and coach other professionals. Partnering with key technical, business, and support stakeholders, this role acts as a team facilitator, constantly challenging old norms while keeping the team focused on the goals of iteration and speed to market. This role will facilitate and coordinate all of the agile ceremonies and oversee the building of the Agile team’s backlog to ensure the team moves forward. Ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience within Agile technology delivery and SDLC, and 1 year as a Scrum Master. Experience facilitating Scrum Ceremonies, managing backlogs and producing other metrics to keep the team on track.
- Provides overall guidance for team to adhere to Agile principles and practices.
- Facilitate and schedule meetings, demos and decision-making processes to ensure that the proper collaborative process is in use. This includes sprint team backlog grooming, estimating and sizing efforts, release planning, sprint planning daily standups, and retrospectives.
- Works with stakeholders and team members to continuously improve. Drive quicker delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics to identify areas of opportunity. Facilitates the sprint review, demo, and retrospective. Captures, distributes, and monitors retrospective feedback. Teaches problem solving and helps the team become better problem solvers for themselves.
- Facilitates team transparency by escalating impediments and shares progress by the team to the appropriate channels. Provides regular and open communication across the program to all stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments. Eliminates impediments by actively addressing issues so the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the sprint. Actively engaged in defining and managing action items, identifying issues and risks, adjusting scope, and identifying tasks necessary to complete planned work.
- Plans and coordinates testing environment deployments and application / system integration testing. Ensures the proper documentation is complete in readiness for production releases. Assists as needed in testing, training, and implementation of the supported application
- Guides team in self-organization; encourages and motivates team to focus on iteration goals. Helps the team improve on their journey towards continuous delivery, which includes technical practices including continuous integration, continuous deployment and designing the solution for release.
- Establish and maintain close, collaborative working relationships with and between Agile team members and stakeholders to provide transparency and create accountability. Provides relevant and needed updates to stakeholders and management as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Agile technology delivery and Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) teams
- At least one year of experience in a Scrum environment
- Basic knowledge of Agile principles and practices and capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge
- Understanding of basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Working knowledge of the software development process – design, development, test, and deployment
- Strong communication, collaboration, leadership, conflict resolution, budgeting and time management skills
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) certification a plus