How You’ll Help Us:
As a Scrum Master, you will lead a team of developers in creating the next generation of applications that will take our clients' digital capabilities to the next level. Our clients are ready for a more nimble, agile approach to their technological capabilities and need highly skilled individuals who can help lead this digital transformation.
You will help us by being responsible for managing all aspects of projects throughout the project lifecycles – Initiation, Planning, Execution, Control and Closure. Using the agile methodologies, you will ensure developers are in places to succeed and product owners are thrilled with delivery. You will be responsible for ensuring that project requirements are fulfilled with excellence
Why the Role Is Important:
You will be responsible for making sure we deliver what we promise when we promise it. Our clients need to know they can trust the products and services NTT DATA delivers and you will maintain our reputation for reliability. Finally, your promotion of the SAFe methodologies will improve the development experience and promote collaboration through the team. At the same time, we will make sure to equip you with the skills and resources you need to exceed expectations in our projects.
Once You Are Here, You Will:
- Train and coach the agile team on scrum process as needed.
- Work closely with product owner to refine and manage the team backlog.
- Work with stakeholders to remove impediments for the agile team.
- Keep the team on track and productive.
- Monitor the agile team's progress and report status to internal and client stakeholders.
- Clearly define and articulate project risk items to clients so they understand the risk factors and potential impacts.
- Work with testing resources to ensure full coverage testing is performed including configuration, functional, methodology to project standards, and other testing.
- Promote teamwork and culture of accountability.
- Provide project and/or product deliverables including kickoff presentations, project plans, budget reports, burndown/up reports, capacity plans, deployment plans, and other required deliverables per project requirements.
- Prepare and report progress metrics and performance to leadership and stakeholders.
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies (e.g. Sprint Planning, Demos, Retrospectives and Daily Scrums) and help teams adhere to defined goals of each event.
- Collaborate with client to define and document a project governance plan.
- Perform internal project setup and monitoring activities including monitoring timesheets, expenses, and invoices.
- Strive to achieve a referenceable result from each assignment.
- Ensure deliverables cover the scope as defined in the SOW and if deviations from the SOW are identified, manage them via a change control process.
ADJUST YEARS REQUIRED BASED ON CLIENT NEEDS, THEN REMOVE THIS LINE FROM RR
- 5+ years of Scrum Master experience, preferably SAFe Scrum Master
- 2+ years’ experience with projects involving enterprise-wide application suites and multiple business functions
- CSM or PSM certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Able to travel as needed for project assignments (25%-50%) after pandemic when travel returns to normal
- SSM, SP and/or PMP certifications
- RTE, CSPO, PSPO, POPM certifications
- Servant Leader. You lead with action, always searching for ways to serve the team.
- Empathetic. You enter conflict seeking to understand and prepared to help team members work through their problems as opposed to judging and condemning.
- Resourceful. As problems arise, you creatively identify the best path forward.