Are you a customer experience driven, digitalScrum Master? Can you drive an end-to-end product experience that engages retailers, shoppers and brand advertisers that differentiates News America Marketing in the digital and in-store advertising landscapes? We are laser focused on developing innovative digital products, services and partnerships to help transform the online and offline shopping experiences and drive value for shoppers, retailers and brands. News America Marketing is looking for a Scrum Master in our New York office to drive large scale, fast moving projects from concept to launch.
The Scrum Master will be responsible for driving the team as they develop product features and iterations, maintaining the Agile Framework and ceremonies, clearing roadblocks for the team and keeping them organized and focused on defining, developing and delivering the customer experience for new innovative digital initiatives. We are hyper focused on delivering top notch products and technologies and will rely on you to help pave the way!
- Help guide the team and organization on how to improve Agile/Scrum practices and values to increase productivity and overall team satisfaction.
- Consistently being on the move, from one team to the next to ensure that you can keep the flow of execution on track. Includes checking in with each team member on a regular basis and providing value to your team as needed.
- Providing full transparency to the organization at all stages of projects through consistent and accurate reporting.
- Guiding the team on self organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments
- Providing rigor for all Agile ceremonies, including quality of story production, effective retros while having a constant focus on improving the team.
- Ensure there is full comprehension by the technical teams of all product stories during scoping and ideation phases.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised with an emphasis on consistently improving and problem-solving
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating our Product Managers on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- An excellent communicator, both in writing and speech. You over-communicate, keeping all who need to know, in the know
- Very organized, driven, and inspired by achieving results within an organization.
- Passionate about making News America Marketing better for members, clients, and employees.
- Self-motivated, willing to step up and help out in any way you can. There’s no such thing as “that’s not my job” on our team