The Project Manager/Scrum Master drives the successful delivery of one or more product development teams and oversees integration and dependencies across multiple teams. The scrum master also serves as an agile coach that works with the integrated project team, product owners and release managers to teach and implement agile best practices. The Scrum Master manages processes and program execution. They escalate impediments, manage risk, and help drive program-level continuous improvement. The Project Manager/Scrum Master is responsible for facilitating program events including the product backlog grooming, increment planning workshop, retrospectives, Program Leadership Team Meetings, and the Scrum of Scrums.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- · Organize team goals and agendas and facilitates of the team scrum meetings (daily, sprint planning, sprint review, retrospective)
- · Collaborates with the program leadership team to prioritize and manage program backlogs
- · Coach agile principles to various levels within the organization, including stakeholders, release managers, and product development teams, taking organization maturity level into account.
- · Work within a lean UX and lean engineering environment
- · Manage lightweight, living planning documents, like an Agile Product Roadmap.
- · Conduct all Scrum events, including Sprint Planning, daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives Calculate ongoing team capacity and velocity
- · Help Product Owner with prioritization, risk management, and scope Lead working session meetings to discuss scope, schedule and requirements with product owners
- · Oversee and manage implementation of various agile techniques such as Scrum, Kanban, Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps Manage product quality, releases and delivery
- · Work with stakeholders to accurately report progress, risks, successes, and failures
- · Maintain a close working relationship with the product owner, scrum team and other stake holders
- · Foster collaboration and communication between team members on technical issues, on process improvements, and in addressing and escalating project
- · Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, team-building, positive thinking, can-do attitude and job flexibility)
- · Ensure Scrum, Kanban and other agile methods are being followed as agreed to by the team
- · Remove barriers and impediments for product development teams
- · Participate and contribute to product roadmap and release plans
• 4+ years of experience being a Scrum Master
• 2+ years of experience working with product development teams that practice modern and lean product development methods, such user-centered and user experience design, DevOps, public API development, microservices, and acceptance test driven development.
• Passion for managing and exceeding customer expectations
Equivalent Experience/Education - Bachelor's Degree
Agile Certification (PSM/CSM or PMI- ACP) preferred.
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience.