Job Summary: The successful candidate will join a team of bright, hard-working individuals who are using Agile methods to design and implement unique solutions to emerging market problems. The candidate will act as a mentor, coach and facilitator to multiple cross-functional teams. The candidate is responsible for promoting and supporting the Agile mindset in their daily interactions, enabling flow of work through the teams, removing impediments, and raising transparency, all while fostering an environment of learning.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Use the Agile Manifesto and the 12 Agile Principles to guide multiple teams in consistently producing high-quality deliverables with a sustainable cadence
- Organize and facilitate team planning, daily stand-ups, refinement meetings, and retrospectives
- Promote honest, collaborative communication within and between teams to ensure clarity and action
- Hold teams accountable to their commitments including their definition of done, working agreements, commitments for improvements, and enable the team to have the hard conversations when necessary
- Identify and address cross-team dependencies and risks with the team and stakeholders
- Assess the Agile maturity of teams and facilitate their improvements through coaching, servant leadership and use of metrics
- Promote and monitor collaboration between individuals, teams and departments
- Be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and address them
- Continually be growing one's craft by learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Teach others the methods that support the Agile mindset (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or relevant experience
- Minimum of three years' experience as a certified Scrum Master
- An Agile expert with proven experience as Scrum Master of multiple teams with varying experience levels
- Adept at situational awareness and conflict resolution
- Thorough understanding of Scrum and Kanban
- Understanding of other Agile methods; can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development and product management processes
- Understand iterative delivery and the value of commitments to delivery made by a cross-functional team
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires extensive use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment.