Job Title: Scrum Master - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Jersey City, NJ
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- To ensure that we comply fully with these rules, regulations and standards it is vital that our Compliance Department have appropriate applications in place to allow them to monitor our trading activity in the many asset classes that we trade in across the many different jurisdictions.
- The Compliance Technology team is responsible for delivering solutions that satisfy the many requirements necessary to ensure compliance with these rules.
- We are a global team with team members based in America, Europe and Asia.
- All of our projects and initiatives require a combination of innovative technology solutions and a close partnership with the Compliance teams to ensure a full understanding of their requirements.
- This is a Scrum Master role within Compliance Technology to actively participate and leading the Scrum Teams that supports the end-to-end phases of the software development cycle, and drive strategic work across the development of the Enterprise and LOBs as necessary to maintain and deliver business solutions
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Coordinates and facilitates agile ceremonies, practices and execution across an agile team
- Promotes and coaches best practices
- Fosters self-organization on the agile team
- Removes impediments outside of the team's control
- Supports ruthless improvement within the team, including the Product Owner
- Acts as an agile change agent
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization.
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least three years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- 5 Plus years of experience in Information Technology space, preferably in the Banking industry
- Knowledge and strong work experience of various tools and techniques that are relevant for the Scrum Master role including JIRA, and SharePoint