At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn’t just embrace what’s exceptional. It creates exceptional.
Primary purpose of this position is to guide one or more scrum teams in following the key principles and practices of Agile scrum.
This includes working with product ownership to define the product backlog, and facilitating all the key activities associated with work estimation, prioritization, sprint planning and sprint execution.
- Scrum Master is responsible for facilitating daily scrum, Sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
- Helps Product Owner to prioritize product backlogs and make them ready for the next sprint.
- Needs to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in a Sprint and also a Release, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
- Needs to be an expert in estimation and planning. Must know how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
- Key aspect of the role is to help overcome engineering or product management barriers and blockers.
- Should be a good coach in Agile practices. S/he can coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
- Interact closely with other Scrum Masters, Project Managers leads and RTEs to coordinate and remain aligned for multi-team feature delivery
- Help team or individual to clarify goals and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to shield his team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Ability to ensure the correct use of Scrum process.
- Ability to track and remove impediments.
- Servant Leader – Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done.
- Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well with teams.
- Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team.
- Assertive – Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Situationally Aware – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management.
- Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy.
- Continual improvement – Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team.
- Conflict resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches.
- Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization.
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business.
- Familiar with Jira Resource Boards, Dashboards, Filter creation, as well as familiar with Confluence.
- Direct experience with automated regression and or system testing
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development.
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise.
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures, preferably in a Scaled Agile (SAFe) context
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team.
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics.
- Understand backlog grooming, burndown metrics, velocity, and BDD driven Acceptance Criteria.
- Familiarity with big data technologies & orchestration patterns: Hadoop, Python, Spark, Airflow, SQL