Cox Automotive is looking for a Scrum Master to join the Cox Automotive Media Analytics Team in Atlanta, GA to work on critical mobile applications.
Job Description:The Scrum Master (SM) facilitates communication, coordination, and cooperation within a Scrum team. The SM assists the team in achieving their delivery goal of creating astonishing products. The Scrum Master is a servant as the leader who promotes self-organization, self-management, and delivery via the effective use of Scrum and lean practices. The Scrum Master upholds the rules of the scrum and assists the team in defining team norms.
- Embrace SAFe Core Values, adopt and apply SAFe Principles, and implement SAFe practices
- Facilitate the team’s progress toward their delivery goal
- Leads the team’s efforts in relentless improvement
- Reinforcing team working agreements
- Facilitates daily stand-up, iteration planning, team demo, and iteration retrospective meetings
- Provides guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the definition of done
- Support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example
- Guide the Development Team on how to get the most from self organization
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution within the team
- Remove impediments, or guide the Development Team to remove impediments, through communication and transparency of impediments.
- Support the Product Owner, with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Mentoring and coaching the team in agile & scrum best practices as well as driving these to the overall organization
- Anticipating risks, dependencies and managing them proactively
- Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to the team
Required Experience (minimum):
- 2 plus years of experience working in a Scrum Master role
- Knowledgeable of the Agile methodology and successful Agile techniques like User Stories, Servant Leadership, Sprint planning, backlog grooming, Continuous Integration, etc.
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Experience using agile tools like Rally, Version One and/or Jira
- Experience and knowledge of Kanban
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Facilitation capabilities
- Experience with business support software applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Keynote, Slack, etc
What we are looking for:
- SCRUM Master Certification is a plus
- Experience using iOS, Android, Apple App Store, Google Play Store, TestFlight and Hockey is a huge plus