**This position will sit in Madison, WI**
The ARMS Business Solutions team has an immediate need for a Scrum Master I. As a Scrum Master for ARMS Business Solutions, you will be responsible for leading self-organizing teams, facilitating the scrum process using agile/scrum methodology, managing the exchange of information, removing impediments to progress and assessing and coaching the scrum team to improve efficiency. You will serve the important role of bridging the gap between conceptualizing and actioning project ideas within a team. You will support the Product Owners in executing according to the product backlog and will be dedicated to maintaining a healthy and creative development process to deliver world class SaaS software.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a varied background working with software development teams, including roles similar to that of a Business Analyst, Project Manager, and/or Engineer, and has also played the role of Scrum Master for at least 1 year. Also, someone who is naturally curious about understanding human behavior and strives to create high performing teams will be well-suited for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 4+ years of related IT experience as a Business Analyst, Project Manager, Engineer, or similar role
- Must receive First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM) within 90 days of hire
- Must have experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 1 year for a Scrum Team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Ability to facilitate coordination activities between scrum team and other project area stakeholders
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years experience as a Scrum Master in a software development environment is preferred
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum aproach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc) is preferred
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader is preferred
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills is preferred