This role has an emphasis on Big Data and Business Intelligence services within the Big Data group. This role may span one or more of Teradata, AWS, Cloudera, Tableau, Qlik and related technology platforms software development life cycle deliverables and outcomes. Opportunities to participate in a variety of projects will be available to qualified candidates.
The individual will have delivery-focused responsibilities guiding Big Data and Business Intelligence Build & deployment-focused Application Architects, Data Designers, BI Developers & Testers in the execution and completion of project activities to meet key milestones, quality and budget targets.
This role includes the following key responsibilities:
- Working with product owners to deliver business value sprint after sprint
- Coaching the team on Agile practices in the context of the Scrum framework
- Guiding the team to self-organize and problem-solve
- Fill in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum framework with other Agile techniques
- Assessing the maturity of the team and coaching the team greater maturity through openness, respect, and a commitment to continual improvement
- Help the team find a sustainable pace, work with the team on developing useful estimation techniques
- Removing impediments to development. Building trust and open lines of communication so impediments are readily identified
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and circulating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to maintaining the product backlog
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example
- A Bachelor's degree is required; A Bachelor’s degree in IT, business, or in Computer Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of broad experience in software development and technology services is required, preferably in a large global organization.
- Broad technical delivery experience is required.
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) is preferred. Additional certifications are helpful.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory for BI, Big Data solutions is required
- Good skills and knowledge of servant-leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency is required
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.) is required
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with other Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games is preferred
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team is preferred
- Previous experience as a team lead in BI is highly preferred
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills is required
- Experience working with healthcare technology preferred
Requisition ID: 1040180124