We are looking for a Scrum Master who is passionate about coaching teams and guiding them through Scrum and Agile Principles. You will work with Product Owners and Engineering Managers to facilitate identification and prioritization of product work. Our teams adhere to the Scrum framework, including all roles and ceremonies as a Program with 8other teams. The ideal Scrum Master will have the experience and excitement to continuously improve the way we develop and deliver with the flexibility to know how to help cater these principles to our environment and teams. You are a strong communicator who enjoys the daily challenge of partnering to make our teams and processes better and better.
Oversees a minimum of one Agile team in a program environment and at times may fill role as a Planner to assist with deployments.
- Facilitates daily stand-ups
- Coordinates and facilitates end-of-sprint ceremonies (demo, retrospective)
- Coordinates and facilitates sprint planning sessions, where teams size stories, and have questions answered by product owners and engineering managers
- Ensures that sprints are not started until all stories have adequate definition of ready - descriptions, acceptance criteria, and point assignments and other elements as identified by the team
- Drive sprint planning through coordination of backlog story grooming sessions
- Coaches team members to most efficiently work together
- Helps resolve ‘blockers’ of progress, coordinating with other teams as needed
- Defines dashboards and reports as needed to understand sprint burn-down
- Participates in ‘scrum-of-scrum’ meetings with otherscrummasters as needed
- Works closely with Product Owners to ensure backlog items are properly and fully defined prior to acceptance into an iteration/sprint
- Holds teams accountable for meeting iteration/sprint commitments
- Enabler for the team to adhere to the process framework ceremonies
- Coaches and supports teams in estimation and release planning
- Mediates, arbitrates, mitigates, and facilitates impediments with the team members and the organizational hierarchy
- Encourages and helps to achieve transparency by widely reporting/publicizing team progress/success to a varied group of stakeholders
- Understands cross team dependencies and guides team as needed
- Promotes and educates the entire organization to understand agile principles
- Will wear different “role” hats as needed – assisting Planners for delivery of cross team deployments
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field
- Two or more years of IT specific experience as a Scrum Master, Project Manager, or IT Manager where you successfully implemented new technology, work processes, and/or process improvements.
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Certification in CSM, SA and/or PMP helpful
- General PC and Microsoft Office Suite knowledge including Microsoft Project
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy melding the here and now with the future - and charting the path to get there? Our strategy and programs teams are on the ground level leading design and implementation of IT delivery and organizational models. From strategizing around innovative technologies and Agile methodologies, to new governance and funding models, and identifying strategies to attract remarkable talent, this group drives a key component of our success: technology. Vision and execution starts here.
Job Id: REQ20009636