The primary responsibility of this position is to support the effective project delivery that supports our customers and colleagues using Agile methodology. The ideal candidate will be one who leads by example and knows how to bring out the best in people and to act as a galvanizing force.
- Act as Scrum Master, with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work
- Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings
- Ensure and facilitate cross-team coordination
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing, and report team progress to senior management
- Support the Product Owner and Feature Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers
- Possesses conflict resolution, does conversation by focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect.
What we’re looking for
- This person should be extremely knowledgeable in, and personify Scrum and agile.
- Scrum Master Certification preferred
- 3-4 years’ experience being Scrum Master on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of relevant agile metrics and charts (e.g. burndown, velocity, burnup, CFD) and ability to interpret them and provide appropriate guidance and coaching to the team
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Proven analytic and problem solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Proven verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively to customers, managers and technical staff
- Experience in the Financial, Software, and/or Digital sectors strongly preferred