Cvent, Inc. is a leading meetings, events, and hospitality management technology provider with more than 3,200 employees, 25,000 customers, and 300,000 users worldwide. The company is headquartered in Tysons, VA, and has office locations all over the world. Cvent has been named “2018 Top Workplace” by The Washington Post and a “Best Place to Work” by Washington Business Journal. Our employees are our most valuable assets and their passion has allowed Cvent to become the industry leader we are today.
Here at Cvent, the Scrum Master will facilitate processes, escalates impediments, manage risk, promote architectural strength, and help to drive continuous improvements at the project level. As part of the Technical Program Management department, the Scrum Master will lead Agile teams with autonomy and accountability through key ceremonies such as daily scrums, sprint planning, retrospectives and demonstrations. The Scrum Master will also be responsible for ensuring that sprints are on time and that the teams are ready for their deadlines.
This is a full-time position.
What You Will Be Doing
- Promotes adherence to Agile software development best practices and acts as an Agile coach to the project team.
- Facilitation of development team meetings by scheduling and coordinating them as well as encouraging constructive communication and guidance of topics throughout the meeting.
- Manages risks and dependencies as well as identify and remove impediments.
- Reviews and understands metrics and other key performance indicators (KPI) in order to drive continuous improvement for the sprint teams.
- Coordinates elements of the release plan with other technology staff outside of the project and encourage architect and team collaboration.
- Establishes performance of the sprint teams through continuous improvement, building leadership skills and inspiring leadership in others.
- Guides scrum teams to implement Lean processes in order to increase quality output.
- Effectively communicates project status, including risks and dependencies to Executive Management.
What You Need for this Position
- 2+ years of IT or software development experience including 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach for multiple development teams.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and coach teams towards high performance in an Agile environment.
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, and task definitions.
- Strong leadership, time management, conflict resolution, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Atlassian Tools such as Jira and Confluence preferred, but not required.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
Nice To Have
- ScrumMaster Certification (CSM)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)