The Scrum Master will support one or more delivery teams within a fast-paced application development environment. As the Scrum Master, you will be a critical member of the core delivery team empowered to help build high performing teams, build shippable product, and be responsible for leading Agile project coordination to support various upstream and downstream teams. The Scrum Master serves as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team, along with maintaining the product backlog and release plan and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Key Role Functions & Duties Key Role Functions
• Work within the core delivery team empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications, and building high performing delivery teams. Serve as Scrum Master for 1 -2 scrum teams
• Utilize project coordination expertise and tools such as Rally and MS-Project to support upstream and downstream teams throughout SDLC.
• Engage stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
• Facilitate the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
• Serve as knowledge source within project teams as assigned.
• Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders
• Represent the team daily at the Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting to report impediments for escalation.
• Facilitate scrum ceremonies for the team (Daily Stand-up, Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).
• Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner.
• Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup, cumulative flow, velocity, etc.)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Minimum Experience 6-8 years of software development experience (either as PM, BA, tester or developer) 5+ years’ experience leading Agile Scrum teams/serving as a Scrum Master
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
• Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including SAFe, Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience
Area of Study Preferred MBA or Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field Certifications Scrum Master Certified
Position ID: J0318-1586