At CAS, a division of the American Chemical Society, we are scientists, technologists and business leaders who continuously and passionately pursue new knowledge in our quest to fuel scientific discovery and empower innovation.
Dedicated to the ACS vision of improving people’s lives through the transforming power of chemistry, the CAS team of highly trained scientists finds, collects and organizes all publicly disclosed substance information, creating the world’s most reliable collection of content that is vital to innovation worldwide. CAS provides a suite of solutions relied on by researchers, patent professionals and decision-makers around the world that advance the scientific enterprise by enabling discovery and facilitating workflows.
CAS is currently seeking a Scrum Master. This position will be located in our headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 1 to 2 years of scrum-master work experience
- Familiarity with Agile practices (Certified Scrum Master certification is a plus)
- Experience with backlog-management tools (expertise with JIRA is a plus)
- Expertise with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal skills and a good communicator.
- Ability to create and present information to small and large groups.
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong team player with willingness to lead a team and contribute to positive team spirit
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Act as a scrum-master for a large, current-engineering team.
- Scrum-master duties include:
- Maintain the team's work backlog using JIRA
- Manage the physical card wall to track work-in-progress and review status with the team and product owners
- Facilitate prioritization of work and assignment of cards to team members
- Support management through regular status updates and reporting
- Coordinate the decomposition of work and definition of acceptance criteria
- Conduct regular retrospectives to improve and refine the existing work process
- Assist the team in other roles/capacities as needed (e.g. help users and developers define requirements for a new feature)
- Follow existing team practices and work processes and provide leadership in adopting Agile techniques