We are seeking a Scrum Master to help our highly autonomous, cross-functional teams chart this new course in genomics. No medical, genomics, or scientific background is required, only an enthusiasm to help teams delight their users by delivering better software, faster.
Besides a great benefit package, meaningful and flexible work, and extraordinary culture, you will get to work with passionate people to clear the way for scientists to do groundbreaking research. Joining our team will give you access to mentorship and growth in an agile environment. We listen and value each other's input.
We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
Our Ideal Candidate Will...
- Have great attention to detail.
- Actively listen.
- Take pride in team success.
- Be hungry to learn and experiment with new Agile techniques and practices.
- Build and maintain trust by keeping commitments, speaking directly, and demonstrating respect in actions and words.
- Be hands-on and go-getting.
- Solve problems with initiative and gusto.
- Be passionate about satisfying users with high quality software releases.
- Have a strong desire to learn about sequencing, genomics and the scientific work of the Broad Institute
- Act as a Scrum Master for multiple teams.
- Facilitate effective team meetings.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Communicate professionally and clearly with teammates and stakeholders.
- Establish and strengthen working relationships across all functions.
- Enhance cross-team communication.
- Highlight, communicate and manage dependencies.
- Use Agile principles as a guide to challenge and coach teams.
- Quickly identify impediments and facilitate their removal.
- Proactively mitigate potential risks and issues; raising concerns as needed to appropriate leadership.
- Keep information about team progress visible and up to date.
- Provide clear, timely and helpful feedback to team members.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of group dynamics.
- Work with Agile Coach to encourage novel process improvements across the department.
- Work from our office in Kendall Square.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2+ years of experience as a scrum master for software teams.
- Training in science, engineering, or business field a plus.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to perform effectively in a collaborative, fast paced environment required.
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence is a plus.
- Scrum or Agile certification is a plus.