Alltech is an award winning provider of IT services with nationwide project capabilities. Since 1994, Alltech’s focus on quality support to the Federal Government and Government Integrators has led it to become a leader in the Federal Services marketplace.
Alltech is seeking a Scrum Master to join our team in New Carrollton, MD.
Security Clearance: Active IRS MBI Required!
The Scrum Master is responsible for the overall execution of the release(s). This individual is responsible for facilitating meetings, identifying and removing impediments for the Scrum teams directly or via escalation; reinforcing overarching objectives to teams; working Owners on release planning, capturing meaningful metrics on improving team performance.
- Job Duty 1 - Facilitate Sprint estimation, Sprint planning meetings to identify product backlog items to be worked in a sprint and to estimate level of effort of development activities.
- Job Duty 2 - Lead daily standup meetings, Scrum of Scrums, track progress by keeping the sprint backlog up-to-date, and help to remove impediments
- Job Duty 3 - Conduct an end of sprint review meetings where sprint products are demonstrated to stakeholders.
- Job Duty 4 - Conduct Sprint grooming, provide progress reports including but not limited to meta scrumreport/burn-up/burn-down charts/User Story Point updates etc.
- Job Duty 5 - Update Product Backlog Items to include new or revised requirements and backlog item
- Job Duty 6 - Foster collaboration and communication between team members on technical issues, on process improvements, and in addressing and escalating project risks and issues.
- 4+ years of experience as a software development project manager or scrummaster
- At least 2 to 4years of formal agile process experience.
- Demonstrated experience in iterative methodologies (Agile/Scrum)- leading Scrum meetings and developing Sprints, Product Backlogs, and/or developing User Stories (4+ years)
- Experienceworking with dispersed teams, and using online communication tools such as OCS and Live Meetings, or similar (4+ years)
- Understanding of the role of software development tools and processes such as version control, defect and issue trackers, build processes, team collaboration tools (4+ years)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Either a Certified Scrum Master (CSM), OR Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), OR IC Agile Certified Professional (ICP), OR Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP).
- Prior IRSexperience
- Strong oral and written business communication skills desired
- Knowledge of IRS business systems and data, is an extra plusDatabase, data warehouse, and/or ETL experiencepreferred