Description: Under the direction of the SCPMG Leadership, is responsible for developing SCPMG financial targets and operating Budgets within the SA Division/Regional Targets. In collaboration with the Business Strategy and Finance Leader develops the overall financial targets for the SA. Counsels the SCPMG Leadership in establishing strategic directions for the Service Area. Aids in the local strategic goal setting process, provides consulting expertise in the financial arena as it relates to the various business plans. Ensures that SCPMG Leadership is provided with effective business analysis and project management support to assist them in decision making and problem solving in areas such as operational analysis, facility/medical services planning, clinical analysis, performance analysis, market assessment and finance. Is accountable for the overall fiscal operations of the area Medical Group including assuring compliance for reporting fiscal operations according to standard accounting practices, organizational policies and procedures and maintaining adequate controls in all financial processes in the Medical Group. Oversees and is accountable for the budgeting process, budget variance/financial performance monitoring and reporting. Serves as the liaison between Regional departments for fiscal operations and SCPMG planning and development functions. Manages all business functions for the Medical Group (including, but not limited to physician payroll billing processes, outpatient revenue management and data/reporting for key operations processes. Act as Administrative liaison to other strategic goals and commitments such as Access, Outpatient Utilization Management.
- Finance Strategy:
- Under the direction of the SCPMG Leadership and in collaboration with Business Strategy and Finance Leader:
- Develops annual and multi-yearfinancial performance goals and the action plans designed to achieve predetermined financial performance targets (e.g. operating margin, operating expense, cash generation, revenue optimization).
- Recommends and supports plans and projects designed to optimize financial performance/opportunities in operations, capital/facilities, in the marketplace and through changes in current processes and procedures.
- Evaluates the financial impact for changes in the current delivery systems, analyzes and develops financial strategies with Chiefs and Operations Managers to resource new or additional systems or services, working with operations managers to adequately assess and/or resource the new system or changes.
- Coordinates/serves as a liaison to Regional Office staff regarding Financial Planning/Financial Analysis, providing SA feedback/input as needed/appropriate.
- Finance Operations:
- Develops and is accountable for the completion of the budgeting process (ratemaking, preliminary operating, operating budget cycles).
- Partners and provides consultation to area managers/leaders to develop department/unit financial plans and budgets.
- Prepares reports/variance analysis to supportbudget target achievement/problem solving efforts.
- Provides direction to SA managers and their staff regarding budgeting processes, audit trails and the application of financial policies and procedures.
- Consults with are managers regarding budgeting processes, audit trails and the application of financial policies and procedures.
- Consults with area managers regarding opportunities/practice changes to optimize budget performance and educates staff regarding accounting policies and procedures for obtaining goods and services, internal payroll practices, property/equipment leasing, and coding/allocating expenses appropriately.
- Ensures adequate control/compliance to financial policies and practices through routine review/auditing.
- Ensures adherence to administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of local, state and federal agencies by implementing and monitoring local control functions, including controls to safeguard all physical assets.
- Provides local management to the Patient Revenue function as it relates to Medical Group Operations.
- Works with local SCPMG and Regional SCPMG Staff to implement and monitor outside Medical Contracts, including appropriate billing/payment.
- Coordinates/serves as liaison to SCPMG Regional Staff regarding Financial Operations/ General Accounting.
- Business Planning:
- Provides internal consultation and analysis to the SCPMG Leadership for SA strategic goal setting and Business Planning activities.
- This includes: a) Financial strategic direction setting in accordance with the Divisional/ Program objectives.
- Strategy formulation.
- Goal/target setting.
- Action planning.
- Implementation and monitoring.
- Collaborates with the Business Strategy and Finance Leader in the development of long range and operating (Annual) Finance Plan/Budget.
- Coordinates/serves as a liaison to Divisional Office staff regarding business plan development, providing SA feedback/input as needed/appropriate.
- Analytical Support:
- Provides or obtains operational analysis and consulting support to SCPMG managers in the areas of facilities planning, operational/medical services planning, benchmarking, member/market assessments, clinical analysis, database creation, make vs. buy analysis, cost benefit/NPV analysis, and business/strategic development.
- Coordinates/serves as a liaison to SCPMG Regional Office staff regarding planning and development functions, providing SA feedback/input as needed/appropriate.
- Business Operations:
- Manages all or several of the business functions of the Medical Group, including physician payroll and Benefits, outpatient miscellaneous revenue, business functions such as Insurance, Administrative services, Life Insurance, Medical Requests, Patient Access (Medical Records and Disability).
- Manages the systems to support the business functions such as OPAS, DCAP, FMS and CARG at the local levels.
- Manages both the Medical and Business functions of the OHS/EHS Business line.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in finance and strategic planning; including five (5) years management experience.
- Also includes five (5) years of experience in multifaceted health care system and multiservice provider setting.
- Master's degree in accounting, finance, business health care or public administration required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and regulatory accounting and reporting regulations, GAAP cost management techniques, financial analysis, cost accounting techniques and budgeting systems.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and action-orientation.
- Effective collaborator with strong working relationships with members of the HP and SCPMG Leadership Teams.
- Demonstrated level of expertise in quantitative and applied research methods.
- Demonstrated capacity to hold staff/other leaders accountable and expertise in managing complex operations in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated capacity to bring projects/initiatives to completion.
- Demonstrated negotiation, conflict management, problem resolution and change management skills.
- Demonstrated business planning (process, writing) skills and proven ability to develop strategic goals.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Area Chief Financial Officer, Masters in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance preferred.
- Experience working with outside contractors, familiarity with MediCare billing and billing codes, forcasting and cost benefit analysis.