Spring House, PA
Not Specified years
Posted 274 days ago
The Scientist will:
• Be responsible for crystallization of protein-small molecule complexes and determination of high-resolution structures by x-ray crystallography.
• Work closely with protein scientists, biophysicists and protein NMR scientists as part of an integrated structural biology effort.
• Bring in-house innovative structural biology technologies, with a focus on Cryogenic Electron Microscopy (CryoEM) as a method for novel protein structure determination.
• Be a member of drug discovery teams, working closely with computational and medicinal chemists on structure-based drug design approaches for small molecule agent optimization.
• Contribute to multidisciplinary Fragment-Based Lead Discovery (FBLD) efforts.
• Contribute to increase the structural biology scientific expertise of the group by publishing high-impact research papers and establishing academic collaborations.
• Mentor lab scientists and contribute to the strategic planning of the Structural Biology group.
• Ph.D. or equivalent and postdoctoral experience in structural biology (x-ray crystallography or protein NMR) or related field is required
• Deep scientific expertise in structural biology, with strong experience in both protein crystallization and high-resolution structure determination is required
• Experience in Structure Based Drug Design (SBDD) utilizing x-ray crystallography and/or protein NMR is required
• Broad knowledge of biophysics, biochemistry, molecular pharmacology, and protein sciences is required
• Strong record of external publications and presentations is required
• Outstanding written and oral presentation skills is required
• Experience in scientific programming (Unix shells, Python, Perl), and ability to work with the latest relevant software packages and in a mixed Linux/Windows computational environment is preferred
• Research experience in biophysics, biochemistry, molecular pharmacology, and protein sciences is preferred
• Research experience in cryo-electron microscopy (Cryo-EM) and other novel structural biology technologies is preferred
• Line management experience is preferred
• Expertise in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: Oncology, Inflammation, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases is preferred
Requisition ID: 8902170825