VL50, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach.
VL50 was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna, Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.. VL50 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our development team.
VL50 is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Scientist with expertise in cell-based assays, molecular analysis techniques and also in vivo experience to play a vital role in the company's efforts to validate novel target discovery approaches. The candidate must be independent, goal oriented, have excellent communication skills and be willing to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and platform development.
- Serve as a key contributor to the development of new proof of concepts with FL50s platform technology.
- Primary responsibility will be to independently design and conduct cell-based experiments to demonstrate in vitro proof-of-concept using a variety of cell-types and approaches.
- The successful candidate will also support the in vivo team in the vivarium.
- Ph.D in biology or related field plus 1+ years of experience in bio-pharmaceutical industry or B.Sc./M.Sc plus 10+ years of experience in bio-pharmaceutical industry.
- In vivo experience preferred: mouse handling, injections (IV, IM, IP, SC, intradermal, etc), survival blood collection and tissue harvesting.
- Hands-on with mammalian cell culture techniques, including working with T-cells.
- Hands-on experience with cell-based assay development.
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology assays with a variety of readout technologies, such as, but not limited to: flow cytometry, qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA, immunofluorescence and luminescence.
- Experience in independently generating precise and reliable data and in skillfully analyzing data
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Motivated and excited about biological discovery and assay development.
- Experience with RNA and DNA isolation and purification.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to think critically and creatively as part of a fast-paced research team, while being highly independent and self-motivated.
- A dynamic, scientifically-excellent problem solver.
- Mentor and train research associates as needed