Scientist, Thermosets and Additives
Job Purpose & Responsibilities As the ‘home of unique offerings’ within SABIC, the Specialties Strategic Business Unit is focused on challenging technology endeavors that positively impact the way the world travels, communicates, works and lives. This SBU provides unique offerings such as high heat resins, functional compounds and additives, specialty fluids, nanotechnology and thermoplastics composites to industries such as Additive Manufacturing, Consumer & Industrial, Electronics, Healthcare, Mass Transportation, Automotive and Water Management.
Role Purpose and Major responsibilities include:
The primary purpose of this role is to identify unmet customer & market needs, convert them into product requirements & then develop these new products using robust design methodology. The position is also responsible for understanding the fit of current SABIC Thermoset and additives (TS&A) products in into new market areas.
• Create & execute new projects across chemistry and process technology groups to enable growth of the portfolio.
• Use skills such as creativity with sound scientific methodology, in depth knowledge of open literature and intellectual property, statistical tools etc. to develop a fundamental understanding in the projects and demonstrate robust project management.
• Accountable for the on time delivery of projects by defining the project scope, structure, the resources, timing and milestones. Driving the execution on deliverables of self and other team members.
• Responsible for being self-directed. Driving & delivering on multiple programs. Prioritizing the execution on those programs versus commitments and timing while maintaining focus on goals and objectives.
• Recognized technical expert in an area of strategic interest, developing and executing upon new ideas.
• Effective project communication, reporting, & documentation across the organization.
• Utilize statistical methodologies to drive project success.
• Interfacing with external experts in the field and program area to mature ideas and concepts for decision making on critical milestones that drive technical/business direction.
• Active participation organizational citizenship such as recruiting, mentoring and community interactions
Requirements Education/Experience Requirements:
• Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph. D) in pertinent area of science such as chemistry, material science, chemical engineering etc.
• 10 years of experience with thermosets systems including synthesis, formulation and/or application research work.
• Proven ability to work effectively across organization levels and functions to achieve desired results with demonstrated interpersonal, communication and team skills
• Demonstrated project management experience to lead programs from initiation to commercialization.
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of thermoset formulation and applications in one or multiple field of: electrical, electronics, aerospace, high-performance coatings, composites etc.
• Demonstrated ability to work with business counterpart to do effective market analysis to uncover growing applications and effectively position new products resulting in sales and profitability growth.
SABIC Internal T&I Employees at grades 14-16 will be considered for this job. If T&I employee is selected for the role he/she will maintain his/her current grade and will be assigned work commensurate with their current grade.
SABIC Technical Career Ladder depending on experience level, degree and proven technical knowledge; and will be assigned work commensurate with that grade.
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States