As a Radar Algorithm Engineer 6, you will responsible for technical leadership and take an active role in growing AS&T's RF signal processing, simulation, and algorithm development capabilities. In this role you will provide the expertise to develop algorithms for various RF Skills that support our next generation multi-function RF sensor products. You will deliver customer focused analysis to address a variety of capability gaps and propose advanced concepts and technology applications.
This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Grow RF signal processing, modeling, and simulation capabilities
- Present results during internal and external program meetings
- Use judgment to plan cost and schedule for program activities
- Provide technical leadership through design, development, integration, and test activities
- Analyze data from data collection and design verification test efforts
- Develop and run simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
- Mentor junior engineers
- Participate in proposal activities both cost and technical
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 15 years experience in RF Signal Processing.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Mathematics.
- Active DoD secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Ability to obtain any additional clearances as required.
- Subject matter expert in Radar Signal Processing and experience with other RF Skills.
- Proficiency with digital signal processing techniques
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent math skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in guidance, navigation and control
- Background in communication theory
- Master's or Doctorate Degree is Preferred
- Ability to summarize detailed finding or plans for client or L3Harris leadership
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success