Experienced systems engineer, providing technical oversight and technical management to a large enterprise program. Expected to provide end-to-end systems engineering best practices to manage requirements, design, development, implementation and operation of security programs across a managed networks enterprise, serving government and commercial telecommunications WAN domains. Formulate and implement strategies to apply systems engineering rigor to drive information systems security and applications engineering activities, including planning and scheduling of work for networksecurity and applications engineers. Specific duties will include:
- Leveraging a strong systems engineering background to provide technical oversight to a variety of projects across the enterprise (including proposals and pursuits, requirements analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, and maintenance)
- Drive strategic evolutions of security and applications capabilities and architectures to ensure customer requirements for systems are achieved
- Develop, cultivate and maintain strategic relationships with key customers and suppliers to strengthen competitive positions and strategies for security capabilities within the managed networks enterprise
- Manage processes governing the deployment, implementation and operations of monitoring tools and systems used to report performance and stability of critical infrastructures.
- Provide regular status reporting to senior leadership and key customers on the performance, capacity improvement and lifecycle support of securityinfrastructures.
- Responsible for process definition and assurance for networksecurity and applications functions, ensuring configuration documents for deployed security and applications solutions remain current and accurate.
- BS/BA (or equivalent) in systems engineering, electrical/computer engineering, information security, computer science, or similar engineering discipline
- 12+ years of experience executing configuration control processes.
- 12+ years of Systems or Project engineering experience and/or applications engineering capacity for network design projects.
- Experience managing projects with annual budgets of $1M+
Preferred Additional Skills:
- CISSP certification is strongly desired.
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills as well as strong ability to lead and mentor teammates.
- Strong team and career leadership abilities desired.
- Experience in leading networksecurity projects in the Government sector is strongly desired.
- Ability to make decisions quickly as well as demonstrating sound judgment in balancing risk with business needs to offer customers and management optimal security solutions.
- Published articles or experience presenting topics in the field of enterprise information security and/or SOA implementations.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward.
- Familiarity with engineering activities such as performing credential management, device and system hardening, intrusion detection, security gateway connection and data flow management, and application layer operations
Job Code: ES20181306-25249