- Technical oversight and leadership of heterogenous blends of embedded hardware and enterprise-level infrastructures and platforms using embedded and cloud computing technologies into highly scalable, fault-tolerant, and seamless MOSA mission solutions.
- Accountable for the technical integrity of the system through the product/program full life cycle including proposals, design, integration & test, verification, and sustainment.
- Walk both sides of the V; decompose requirements to drive a risk mitigated development plan, oversea system integration, and lead requirements-based verification using test threads.
- Manage teams of engineers with technical, cost and schedule accountability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering and 12 years’ experience, OR, Master’s Degree in Science or Engineering and 10 years of relevant experience.
- System engineering experience on complex military systems with a focus on MOSA mission computing or Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA).
- Active Top Secret security clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with executing throughout the full Avionics lifecycle including requirements flow down and allocation, design, development, test, and sell-off.
- Experience developing technical or cost proposals in a defense contracting environment.
- Ability to lead systems engineering using model-based system engineering (MBSE) tools and methods.
- Expertise in Modular Open Systems Architecture (MOSA).
- Expertise in developing Product Line Architectures.
- Open standard participation such as SOSA, JCA, VITA, FACE, OCS, SCA.
- Implementation of Cloud infrastructures and virtualization on embedded platforms.
- Expert knowledge of data models, hardware/software interfaces, synchronous processing constructs and control methodology, real-time processing, and embedded system and subsystem management.
- Has conducted customer verification on Military/Civil specifications such as DO256, DO160, and DO178C.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well across multiple engineering disciplines.