Invaio Sciences, Inc. is a startup harnessing ingenuities found in nature, evolving our relationship with insects and taking a more mindful approach to agriculture in order to find solutions for pressing problems in food, its production, our health and the environment.
Using bleeding edge science and advanced technologies, Invaio is releasing the true power of nature. We are guided by six principles:
- Rooted in nature: Everything we enhance, create, or change we’ve learned from nature.
- Be optimistic: There are infinite possibilities in nature. Do not be bound by previous limitations and thinking of the past.
- Embrace risk: As unrelenting innovators we embrace risks that will solve the world’s biggest problems.
- Students of nature: Stay curious because nature always has something to teach us.
- Beyond the horizon: Look beyond what we do today from the view of tomorrow to understand true impacts. Do what's right; not just efficient.
- All things connected: Living outside category silos allows us to reveal the connections that others cannot see.
Invaio Sciences, Inc., was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering, an early-stage life sciences innovation company. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of around 100 science-based companies, resulting in more than $30 billion in aggregate value, thousands of patents, and a pipeline of more than 50 clinical development programs.
Invaio is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, USA, with offices in Research Triangle Park, NC, USA; Basel, Switzerland; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Our Invaio Research & Development team based in Cambridge, MA is seeking a Scientist/Sr. Scientist to contribute technical and process expertise within a fast-paced cross-functional Molecular Biology Functional team. This role will focus on leading the efforts to support production level molecular biology assay needs of various teams across the company and establish new assays and capabilities over time.
- Build new capabilities and infrastructure to support high-throughput nucleic acid extraction, quantitative molecular assays, next-generation sequencing (NGS) with liquid handling automation
- Manage multiple productionized assays that support projects across Research and Development.
- Collaborate extensively across teams and global organization to gather project requirements, develop and implement new assays
- Provide data driven decisions and guidance for experimental design
- Present data and findings across the company in cross-project team meetings
- Write protocols, SOWs, reports and manage good documentation of processes
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature
- Train and mentor Research Associates and other team members
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline, with 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience in industry settings
- Experience in high-throughput molecular biology, including nucleic acid extractions, qPCR-based assays and genotyping
- Experience in cloning, mutagenesis, recombineering and plasmid preparation
- Experience in NGS library preparation, sequencing, and analysis
- Bioinformatics and statistics skills, and fluency in Python, R or MATLAB
- Experience with project management preferred
- Expertise in Entomology or Plant Biology preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Self-motivated and curious with strong desire to both learn from and teach others
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects concurrently and collaborate across disciplines
- Strong, demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, innovative environment; adaptable
- Excited and motivated by Invaio’s ambitious mission to deliver solutions based in nature