- Design and develop robust biochemical assays for compound profiling, screening, and mechanistic studies.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in chemical biology, informatics, structural biology and medicinal chemistry to advance programs from early hit-finding and help prioritize projects for advancement into lead optimization.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners within Scorpion to define and develop screening cascades for Scorpion’s novel targets.
- Help leverage and manage external CRO resources focused on in vitro bioassays critical for Scorpion’s portfolio.
- Proactively communicate strategy, critical issues and recommendations to enable appropriate resource decisions.
- Maintain excellent communication across internal and external colleagues.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biology, Biophysics or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience supporting in vitro assay development and particularly biochemical assay development in academic or industry settings.
- A deep and broad understanding of biochemistry, mechanistic enzymology and assay technologies.