Our team is seeking a talented, passionate and driven Scientist/Sr Scientist to join our team developing logic gated immune cells for the treatment of solid tumors.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of and have experience with designing and performing immune cell-based functional assays independently and working collaboratively across various project teams to meet deadlines and milestones.
Most of all, we are seeking a curious, bold, detail-orientated, and collaborative individual who is eager to be part of a positive work environment with other researchers to develop much needed novel cell therapies targeting cancer.
- Design and perform immunology phenotypic and functional assays such as cell proliferation, cytotoxicity, cell phenotyping using multi-color flow cytometry, protein quantification, etc.
- Design and analyze in vivo experiments and downstream assays (flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry/IF, gene-expression).
- Stay current with the relevant scientific literature, and participate in ideation and decision-making meetings
- Write and follow SOP, maintain detailed electronic lab records, perform data analysis and generate conclusions and new hypothesis.
- Collaborate with your Senti colleagues by coordinating with other group members and research teams to troubleshoot problems, develop new assays and protocols, and support cross-functional projects
- Provide expert support for experiment design and assay development to the broader scientific team including mentoring of research associates.
- PhD or equivalent with expertise in Cell Biology, immunology, Tumor Immunology, or similar
- 5 years of independent research experience in a biology laboratory setting, industry experience is a plus
- Hands-on proficiency with immune primary cells culture, engineering and phenotypic and functional assays, including cell-based assays measuring cell proliferation, cytotoxicity, and cytokine production
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry and data analysis
- Ability to quickly adapt to new research areas and implement new techniques with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multi-functional team
- Excellent understanding of immune cell biology, preferentially NK cell biology (preferred)
- Experience with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) and other cell therapies modalities (preferred)
- Experience with pre-clinical models of solid tumors and downstream tissue processing and analysis (flow cytometry of murine samples and IHC) (preferred)
- Experience in managing and supervising other employees (preferred)
Salary and Benefits:
· Competitive compensation package and title commensurate with qualifications and experience in the South
San Francisco Biotech market
· Significant growth opportunity as the company expands