OncoMyx is seeking a highly motivated and creative Scientist/Senior Scientist to join a group of researchers evaluating novel oncolytic virus therapies. The candidate will work within project teams to advance research stage programs into pre-clinical development, and provide in-vitro, in-vivo and ex-vivo efficacy and pharmacodynamic data essential to drive projects into clinical development.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and experience.
Plans and executes experiments under minimal supervision that support the initiation and/or advancement of drug candidate projects into the pipeline. Works cross-functionally within the organization to achieve goals. Actively involved in the selection of anti-cancer drug candidates by running both in vitro and/or in vivo efficacy studies.
- Independently design and perform studies to evaluate the activity and mechanism of action of Immuno-modulatory oncolytic viruses in preclinical models of cancer
- Must be proficient in aseptic cell culture technique of mammalian cells
- Experience with protein and molecular biology techniques and assay development such as protein isolation, molecular cloning, ELISA, western blot, qPCR is required
- Direct experience with construction, production and evaluation of oncolytic viruses is preferred. Experience with Pox viruses is preferred
- Experience in in vitro assay development including ligand binding, proliferation and cytotoxicity, cell-based reporter assays is required
- Experience with various in vitro assays applicable to oncology and immuno-oncology such as primary cell isolation and culture, MLR, ADCC, cytotoxicity and reporter assays is recommended
- Experience with investigating the tumor micro-environments using in vivo or ex vivo techniques such as flow cytometry or Immuno-histochemistry is preferred
- Ability to manage in vitro and in vivo studies at contract research organizations (CRO) including study design, execution, analysis, and reporting is preferred
- Prepare detailed technical reports, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintain appropriate documentation
- Ability to communicate results at both internal and external meetings
- This position requires excellent communication skills and ability to perform in a matrix structured work environment and to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Proficient in data analysis software such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, FlowJo, GraphPrism
- Both effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Ph.D. degree in a biomedical science or related discipline with at least 2 years post-doctoral industry experience or MS with at least 7 years of experience. Experience in the Oncolytic Virus or Immuno-Oncology field is recommended. At least 3-5 additional years of experience is required for a senior level.
Candidate must be located or relocate to Phoenix.