We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist with a deep understanding of biochemistry and assay technologies to join our dynamic drug discovery team in South San Francisco. This candidate will serve a critical role in establishing in vitro bioassays, particularly biochemical assays, to help drive our small molecule drug discovery programs. This position is ideal for a talented, highly motivated and results-driven individual who will thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, start-up environment.
- Design and develop robust biochemical assays for compound profiling, screening, and mechanistic studies.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in new target biology, chemical biology, informatics, structural biology and medicinal chemistry to advance programs from early hit-finding and help prioritize projects for advancement into lead optimization.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners within Scorpion to define and develop screening cascades for Scorpion’s novel targets.
- Help leverage and manage external CRO resources focused on in vitro bioassays critical for Scorpion’s portfolio.
- Proactively communicate strategy, critical issues and recommendations to enable appropriate resource decisions.
- Maintain excellent communication across internal and external colleagues.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, biology, biophysics or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience supporting in vitro assay development and particularly biochemical assay development in pharmaceutical/biotech companies.
- A deep and broad understanding of biochemistry, mechanistic ezymology and assay technologies.
- A strong record of achievement, including contributing to drug discovery programs and publications in high-impact journals.