USA - Maryland - RockvillePosted Date:
Sep 27 2021
Are you seeking an opportunity where you can lead through influence using your technical expertise and contribute to the development of potential new vaccines? If so, this Scientist role could be an exciting opportunity to explore!
As a Scientist, you will lead the design and execution of scientific studies for vaccine technical programs as they progress from early development into Phase 1, 2, Phase 3, technology transfer and process performance qualification at the intended commercial site. Using your advanced background, YOU will work alongside high performing scientists to drive vaccine product understanding of novel vaccines.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
- Independently lead planning, design, execution, and interpret results of specific development projects appropriate to clinical development phases and following the Quality by Design framework.
- Contribute and drive product understanding of RNA and protein-based vaccines.
- Interpret results, prepare and communicate conclusions and recommendations for next steps to relevant members.
- Make sound scientific/technical and business decisions based on a balance of data, analysis and experience.
- Author technical sections of internal and external reports with minimal supervision.
- Prepare and present scientific data within Technical R&D (TRD) including Technical Development Team and may represent GSK externally (conferences, etc.)
- Utilize innovative mindset to provide cutting edge solutions for technical challenges that yield tangible value to the organization and patients.
- Utilize scientific knowledge and experience to influence technical decisions.
- Function effectively as a core team member on multiple concurrent projects and lead small projects
- Generate strong relationships in the area of technical development with high quality partners beneficial to the organization, both internally and externally, to strengthen development/implementation of new methods/technologies.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD degree in Bio/Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bio/Chemistry, or related scientific field or MSc with 3+ years of relevant industry experience or BSc with 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in biopharm/vaccine development process
if you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience with proteins and/or liposome/lipid nanoparticle formation, development.
- Experience with process development, lyophilization, high-throughput screening and/or analytical characterization techniques (UV-Vis, fluorescence, SLS/DLS, particle characterization, FTIR, IR, DSC, chromatography, NMR or CryoEM or SAXS or rheological methods, etc).
- Ability to deal with complexity, strong problem-solving and self-directional abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to independently lead, design, conduct, and analyze experiments.
- Experience mentoring/leading junior scientists in experimental design, data analysis, data presentation, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a matrix environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong internal and external relationships that drive product understanding
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record