The individual will work closely with the senior scientist to expand PACT Pharma’s proprietary personalized adoptive T-cell therapies by designing, engineering, expressing, and characterizing PACT Pharma’s proprietary personalized protein drug products to eradicate solid tumors in patients. The individual will formulate hypotheses and design experiments to expand the protein-based technology central to our mission and that serves a critical role in PACT Pharma’s proprietary personalized medicine. The position involves a considerable amount of bench work and ultimately will expand the genetic diversity of patients seeking our treatment. This individual will work primarily on R&D efforts, writing and refining SOPs, and presenting findings at team meetings. The ideal candidate should have keen attention to details, be highly organized and should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Design, clone, express, purify, and characterize mammalian proteins
- Present findings within team and broader collaborative meetings
- Formulate hypotheses and design and execute experiments designed to increase our understanding in peptide MHC interaction
- Write and revise R&D documentation with a focus on attention to detail
- Coordinate activities with functional groups and project teams
- Update electronic lab notebook entries, inventory and documentation
- Ph.D. degree with 2+ years of industry or related experience, particularly in studying mammalian proteins as well as designing and testing protein libraries
- Experience with understanding protein structure, function and mechanism such as structural biology, chemical biology
- Experience or familiarity with structural biology (X-ray crystallography, NMR, or CryoEM) as well as using software to study and formulate hypotheses related to structure/function/dynamics/binding of proteins.
- In addition to wet lab experience, the ideal candidate will also have bioinformatics experience:
- Analyzing large biological data sets (proteomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics.
- Using Python, using software for visualizing proteins (Pymol), and versed with other common bioinformatics tools and workflows to study proteins and design experiments.
- Prior experience with protein engineering, including preparing libraries, screening for activity, solubility, and other parameters preferred
- Experience with protein characterization using a variety of biophysical methods, including size-exclusion chromatography, affinity chromatography, mass spectrometry, differential scanning fluorimetry (DSF)
- Prior industry experience and with antibody engineering would be beneficial
- Acute attention to details, well-organized, diligent with documentation
- Highly goal-driven and the displays the ability to handle delicate experiments in a timely manner
- Ability to operate in a collaborative environment and communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports