$80K — $100K *
Scientist, R&D to initiate, direct and execute pre-product scientific research. Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problem solving. Independently plans and executes laboratory experiments. Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories. Must have experience with next-generation DNA/RNA sequencing, general nucleic-acid technologies or protein screening.
• Contributes intellectually to research or development
• Responsible for designing and executing experiments as per associated timelines and deliverables
• Thoroughly comprehends the objectives and vision of the work
• Develops plans and make decisions
• Solves problem and suggests improvements
• Performs basic data analysis
• Documents research progress under a Quality Management System
• Interacts with on-site CLIA lab, core teams and process development groups
• Communicates progress directly with colleagues and management
• This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
• Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
• Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
• Employee must pass post-offer criminal background check.
• Master’s in molecular biology, biochemistry or closely related field with minimum of 6 years of industry experience
• Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry or closely related field, with 2 years post-doctoral research or 2 years of industry experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Must have hands-on experience with next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies and basic molecular biology techniques
• Must have experience in data analysis, data interpretation and results reporting.
• Track record of originating, developing and productizing novel nucleic acid techniques and tests
• Must have excellent communication, organizational, record-keeping, planning and time management skills
• Proven success in managing collaborative and individual projects, previous experience managing research associates a plus
• Demonstrated success in applying independent scientific judgment in experimental design and analysis
• Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with data analysis and statistical testing using Excel, JMP, R or other data analysis environments is a plus
• Skilled at writing clear plans, reports and SOPs
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
• Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Valid through: 4/21/2021