$80K — $100K *
Initiates and executes pre-clinical scientific research and development in the Molecular Biology Research team. Focuses on advancing Natera’s transplant assessment portfolio and works within a research team inventing and evaluating new technologies for applications in transplant assessment, oncology, and NIPT. Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems. Plans and executes laboratory research. Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories.
• Contributes substantially and intellectually to research or development
• Performs duties largely independent from manager
• Leads in-lab efforts to create and develop novel nucleic acid based diagnostic tests
• Thoroughly comprehends the objectives and vision of the work
• Independently develops plans, generates and advances new ideas
• Independently designs and executes moderate to high complexity experiments
• Coordinates the execution and analysis of effective experiments with statistics and bioinformatics teams
• Performs basic data analysis (e.g. R, JMP, Excel)
• Documents research progress under a Quality Management System
• Interacts with on-site CLIA lab, Sequencing and Process Development groups
• Works with partners and outside collaborations
• Communicates progress directly with colleagues and senior management
• This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
• Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
• Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
• Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
• Degree in molecular biology, tissue or cellular biology, immunology or closely related field
• Associate Scientist level: Bachelor’s degree or higher with a minimum of 6 years of industry experience
• Scientist level: M.S with a minimum of 6 years of industry experience; or Ph.D. with a minimum of 3 - 5 years of industry experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Must have experience with next generation sequencing (NGS) and DNA/RNA molecular biology.
• Experience with nucleic acid technologies relating to PCR, qPCR, multiplex PCR, digital PCR, NGS and microarrays
• Epigenetic/methylation, target enrichment, cfDNA/RNA and NGS data analysis experience is a plus
• Track record of originating, developing and productizing novel nucleic acid techniques and tests
• Strong research skills with a history of innovation
• Experience developing tests in transplant assessment, oncology, NIPT or liquid biopsy a plus
• Proven success in collaborative and individual projects
• Demonstrated success in applying independent scientific judgment in experimental design and analysis
• Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Adept with Excel and basic statistical analysis
• Bioinformatic capabilities, programming (e.g. PERL, python) and databases experience (SQL) are a plus
• Skilled at writing clear plans, reports and SOPs
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
• This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
• Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Valid through: 12/15/2020
$100K — $110K
2 days ago