By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
We seek a highly motivated and creative Scientist to join our R&D team. You will work within a highly dynamic and creative group and be responsible for developing new products and improving current products based on RNAscope technology.
- Execute RNAscope/BaseScope-based assays to support new product development and assay optimization.
- Perform literature searches/attend relevant meeting to stay up-to-date with technology development.
- Work closely with our commercial team to identify and understand customer needs and requirement to facilitate product development.
- Support manufacturing QC for commercial product testing, release and troubleshooting when needed.
- Responsible for experimental design, assay running, data collection and interpretation.
- Compile and present data to the project team or other departments.
- Supervisor and provide training for junior members in the team.
Education and Experience:
- A PhD or equivalent experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or related field
- Proven skills in experimental design and data analysis as well as critical review of primary literature
- Experience in fluorescent microscopy and imaging, molecular biology techniques, cell culture, real-time PCR, etc.
- Experience in tissue/cell-based assays such as immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization
- Prior experience in assay development is a plus
- Strong team player and self-starter as well as ability to work independently
- Strong organization skills and attention to details
- Good verbal and written communication skills