Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won�t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution�from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
We are inviting an experienced scientist with broad knowledge of proteins to join the Protein Discovery team and to collaboratively solve problems at the frontier of food and biotechnology.You Will:
- Use your knowledge in biochemistry and biophysics to devise and optimize methods to modulate protein functionalities.
- Develop new methods to extract protein fractions from various sources for food applications, at scales from lab bench to pilot plant.
- Evaluate fractionated proteins by performing analytical, textural, and sensory tests.
- Collaborate with pilot plant and process engineering team to test and optimize methods at pilot scale.
- Prepare and test food prototypes in the lab and in the kitchen.
- Work closely with other teams (sensory, texture, analytics, kitchen) on data collection and data interpretation.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- PhD, or equivalent, in biochemistry, biophysics, food science, or related fields.
- Good hands-on abilities. Good observer and recorder. Avid data analyst.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Abilities to work efficiently with diverse and dynamic teams.
- Experiences are useful: FPLC, TFF, particle analysis, LC-MS, GC-MS, structural biology, texture analysis, pilot-scale protein fractionation, microscopy, lab kitchen use, sensory evaluation.
- A self-motivated personality and an �can-do� attitude are required for success.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.