Synthego is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated Scientist to join the Pre-clinical team. Scientist, Preclinical will be expected to take ownership of a full project from conception, development, to proof-of-concept in vitro and in vivo. The candidate must have experience using electronic lab notebook for proper documentation of all Preclinical activities, have experience training and supervising research associate(s). The candidate will be expected to follow a project timeline and deliver on critical milestones.
What You'll Do
- Establish primary cell culture (Hematopoietic stem cell, Mesenchymal stem cell, T cell, B cell, monocytes) relevant to the project
- Develop and optimize cell differentiation protocols
- Develop and optimize gene editing protocol for the specific cell type
- Multicolor flow cytometry (surface and intracellular, 8+ colors)
- Develop and validate in vitro functional analytical assays, relevant to the preclinical project
- Coordinate tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning
- Interpret and effectively execute experiments in line with project timelines and goals.
- Train and mentor research associates
- Ph.D. in stem cell biology, immunology, cell biology, cell and gene therapy, or a related field, with 2+ years of postdoc and/or industry experience in translational research
- Direct experience with molecular biology techniques (including but not limited to mRNA and DNA prep, PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR, western blot), multicolor flow cytometry (8+ colors), and other cell based assay (MLR, cytotoxicity assays, colony forming assays, et al)
- Demonstrated expertise in isolation, characterization genetic engineering of primary cells using viral and/or nonviral approaches
- Previous experience with gene therapy, engineering and multi-lineage differentiation of HSCs or iPSC is preferred
- Experience with ddPCR and/or NGS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with preclinical animal models is a plus
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonable established timelines
- Ability to present and communicate project updates at team meetings
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment, with “Can do” and “Do now” attitude. Demonstrated ability to perform as a team player.