This position involves management, execution, and analysis of microbiome-related qPCR projects. The candidate will provide technical oversight of research projects including assistance with project scoping, data generation, analysis, scientific writing, audits, and reporting. The candidate must have a strong background in qPCR and related disciplines and strong communication skills as this position requires frequent interactions with customers.
- Documenting, evaluating, analyzing, and monitoring scientific and collaborative projects.
- Interacting with customers to design and report on experiments.
- Independently designing and conducting experiments.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing experimental data.
- Status report generation.
- Presenting results in formal and informal settings.
- Ensuring rigorous documentation using the Diversigen LIMS, electronic lab notebook, and other tools.
- Proactively identifying problems to ensure data quality.
- Contributing to ongoing process improvement in operations workflows.
- Managing time effectively to move multiple projects forward simultaneously.
- Communicating project status information to supervisor, customers, and coworkers.
- Other duties deemed appropriate to the position.
- PhD. degree in molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in PCR, RT-PCR, TaqMan® qPCR required
- Ability to perform multiple complex scientific procedures effectively, efficiently, and independently.
- Proven proficiency in data analysis, research design, troubleshooting, and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures.
- Ability to follow oral directions and written protocols precisely.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively on a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.