The successful candidate will:
· Be responsible for the design and synthesis of potential drug candidate molecules directed towards the discovery of medicines to treat neuropsychiatric diseases, including disorders of mood and cognition.
· Conduct state of the art synthetic organic chemistry skills and analytical chemistry techniques.
· Maintain a close interaction with the biologists/pharmacologists, the computer assisted drug design group, and pharmaceutical development scientists.
· Be expected to remain conversant with the modern chemical literature and to maintain a strong laboratory presence.
· Possess strong people skills and the ability to thrive in a team and goal driven environment are key attributes.
• A PhD in organic chemistry is required with 0-3 years postdoctoral experience is preferred.
• Experience with synthetic organic chemistry is required.
• Experience with medicinal chemistry is preferred.
• This position may require travel up to 10%
Requisition ID: 2966180206