The LifeNet Health mission is simple: Saving Lives. Restoring Health. Giving Hope. Its mission, along with its core values of safety, quality, innovation and service continue to create an unmatched record in transplant solutions, which cannot be achieved without talented, dedicated team members who share the same values and attributes that guide the LifeNet Health team every day.
If you have a commitment to customer care, quality and innovation as well as integrity and passion, then you’ve come to the right place.
We are currently seeking a Scientist to join the LifeNet Health team in our Virginia Beach, VAlocation.
As a Scientist, you would lead and coordinate research efforts for R&D projects. Participate in the planning, executing, documenting and reporting of research and validation efforts. Perform complex testing with cell and tissue samples.
Maintain essential laboratory records. Provide scientific assistance for divisional laboratory efforts. Assist in the development of intellectual property in support of the divisional project portfolio. Write, submit, and present results or research findings both internally and externally.
You would be expected to perform all tasks assigned to you, including but not limited to:
- Leads and coordinates research efforts for R&D projects based on corporate priorities.
- Plans and executes laboratory research as outlined in experimental design of project and in compliance with written policies.
- Develops assays and protocols pertaining to research and product development objectives as needed.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data, interprets results and summarizes collected data into effective technical reports.
- Provides timely and effective communication (written and oral) of procedures, observations, and results.
- Develops techniques and technologies needed to develop clinical or research products.
- Investigates the feasibility of the potential inventions and products.
- Assists in the development of intellectual property in support of the divisional project portfolio.
- Conducts appropriate literature reviews and assists in identifying opportunities for research projects for new products.
- Trains research associates and technicians on developed assays and protocols and provides scientific support to their experimental design and technical report.
- Master’s Degree in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, biomechanics, material science or bioengineering or related from accredited college or university
- Minimum 7 Years related work experience post master’s degree
- Proficient in Laboratory Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft
- Doctorate Degree in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, biomechanics, material science or bioengineering or related from accredited college or university
- Minimum 2 years post-doctoral experience.
- Experience with biological product development and/or material science
- Previous Experience in Tissue Bank, Medical Device or related industry
Get to Know LifeNet Health:
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization (“OPO”) and tissue bank in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in transplantation research and regenerative medicine. LifeNet holds the longest running current accreditation by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB).
Its goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs and tissues for transplantation, as well as innovation in the fields of bio-implants and regenerative medicine, and to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. #LI-AF1.