Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist/Lab Manager in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Participate in execution and management of routine assays, including control charts, SOP compliance, and data management.
- Oversee laboratory operations, safety, orientation, and protocol training of new staff. Participate in the authoring and review of SOPs and various reports (i.e. technical transfer, development, technical memos, etc).
- Coordinate information exchange between both in-house and 3rd party vendors for testing.
- Perform all aspects of testing including performing various routine assays, sample cataloguing and submission in LIMS; analysis and recording of results in ELN; and data review and control charting, as well as training others.
- Manage daily operations of the lab and team, supervise and conduct lab maintenance, including lab reagents, lab supplies, cleaning of incubators and BSC, and routine freezer defrosting as needed.
- Ensure timely turnaround of all results to requesting labs and ensure integrity of data reported.
- Perform statistical analyses of in-assay controls to ensure assay performance. Draft SOPs, assay and instrument equivalence evaluation reports, method development reports, and transfer protocols, as needed.
- Responsible for development, qualification, documentation, and transfer of assays. Coordinate efforts between different internal and external teams such as Process Development, Drug Product Development, and Analytical Development.
- Write and maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in electronic laboratory notebooks and LIMS.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 2 years industry experience, or an MS with a minimum of 4 years industry experience, or a BS with a minimum of 6 years industry experience.
- Knowledge and skills in biology, biochemistry, life sciences, or medical technology. Experience in cell culture and virological methods preferred.
- Experience with plaque assays, ELISA-based assays, and molecular assays highly desirable. Working knowledge of statistical models and familiarity with JMP is highly desirable.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems, determine causes and determine and implement solutions.
- Leadership and mentoring skills desired, comfortable teaching and training personnel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), including OneNote, SharePoint, and comfortable learning/adopting software is desirable.
- Well organized and detail oriented, able to effectively prioritize, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability, responsibility, and leadership.
- Excellent time and project management skills, ability to oversee several projects simultaneously, able to work under pressure and strict timelines, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Current knowledge in vaccine literature and basic science related to vaccine development desired but not required.
- Comply with Takeda safety practices and standard operating procedures.
- Exhibit and promote Takeda Core Competencies.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs