Job duties include, but are not limited to
- Support the development and scalability of variety of molecular biology enzymes and binding proteins
- Design and implement industrial scale manufacturing practices
- Develop robust industrial scale purification processes for key enzymes that are used in company’s proprietary sequencing platforms
- Work with outside vendors in the acquisition, design and implementation of large scale manufacturing equipment
- Purify a variety of molecular biology enzymes and binding proteins to support our growing product lines
- Participate with increasing independence on individual projects related to protein purification.
- Work as part of a scientific team and participate in team meetings and initiatives.
- Other duties that may be determined by management.
- 5 or more years of extensive hands-on experience in purification at industrial sized manufacturing site using both non-automated and automated systems, as well as homogenization, batch purification, precipitation, and tangential flow filtration
- Hands on Knowledge for purifying enzymes from bacterial cell pellets at scales greater than 50 Kg of cell paste starting material
- Thorough knowledge of the theories of protein purification, including the basis of chromatography and other downstream techniques
- Experience working with multiple quantities of solution greater than 300 Liters
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Additional experiences that are desired, but not mandatory:
Experience working in an FDA regulated environment
Experience working with industrial sized scale temperature controlled manufacturing processes
Experience working in continuous flow manufacturing processes
Familiarity in Operational Excellence (Lean Manufacturing & Continuous improvement)
- B.S. M.S. or PhD Degree in biochemistry, chemistry, biochemical engineering, or related field